The measuring principle is based on eccentric photo-retinoscopy. Infrared light projected through the pupils onto the retina. Depending on the refractive error, the reflected light forms a specific brightness pattern within the pupil. The spherical refraction is calculated based on this crescent pattern. To determine cylinder and axis, the same measurement is repeated in three meridians. The measurement with infrared light is completely innocuous. Infrared light is also contained in daylight and not visible.
With these measurement values possible to detect the following :
- Hyperopia (Far sightedness).
- Myopia (Near sightedness).
- Astigmatism (Blurred Vision).
- Anisometropia (Unequal Refractive Power).
- Anisocoria (Unequal Pupil Size).
- Strabismus (Eye Misalignment).
- Development of Amblyopia in small age (Lazy Eyes).
- Child friendly – can measure from 6 months + age.
- Designed for infants Children and noncooperative patients.
- Measurements from 1 meter Distance in less the 5 Seconds
- Measurement can easily be perform by an assistant and non professional.
- Binocular & Monocular readings.
- Can be use in un-dilated pupils.
- Light Weight (800 gm)
- Save Measurement reports to SD card.
- Infrared Technology (Eccentric Photo-Retinoscopy).
- Wireless Bluetooth Thermal Printer (Optional).
- Runs on rechargeable, Standard AA size Batteries.
- Portable device can be used at different work place. (Showroom, Home, Clinic, Camps etc.)